background

Monday, March 4, 2013

36 weeks

Today was my 36 week appointment. I can't believe I'm only 1 week shy of full term!
The joys of pregnancy :p I got my step B test and my first cervical check. Things are definitely progressing. I've been having a lot of contractions over the past week, I'm dilated to 2.5 and 70% effaced. So that's exciting knowing the pain is all worthwhile :) things are happening!
36 weeks photo!

At my appointment baby's heart was a little lower than they like it to be. So I had to get monitored, an ultrasound and later was sent over to labor and delivery. I was so scared and worried. My midwife was so good with me though. She takes everything very seriously so it's better safe than sorry which i really appreciate. She's seriously the best!  At labor and delivery they did an extensive ultrasound and everything was right where is should be, he's head down, fluid levels are at 13 which is great. They like them to be above 10. His muscles are strong and he was doing fetal breathing (practicing the muscles they use to breath) which they said is excellent. Sick baby's don't do that. So that was comforting. Then they hooked me up for a few hours to monitor his heart rate. His heart rate did much better and he was moving a lot more. They said he was probably asleep when they monitored him the first time. I have to go back tomorrow to be monitored again just to be safe. I appreciate their concern and precautions they are taking to make sure Cruze and I are safe. As for now, I am just taking it easy and doing fetal kick counts several times a day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment