Since Cruze was so little, they have been concerned with his blood sugar staying regular. While at the hospital they had to keep checking his blood sugar levels by poking his foot to draw blood :( He had to have two good readings in a row in order to stop the tests. Everytime he would have a good reading, then the next would be a little low (by like 1 or 2 points), but they had to have it above 45. They suggested offering a little (like 1/2 tsp) of formula along with my milk, so he could increase his test score. I was worried about giving him a bottle and having him get confused with the nipples, so they got a syringe and when I fed just slowly pumped it into his mouth along with my milk. It worked wonders :) two scores in the 60's :) I was so happy!! NO MORE POKES!! After that my milk was enough to keep his blood sugar high and there has been no problems since then :) What a relief! Other than the blood sugar, Cru is perfectly healthy. Biliruben levels were great (no jaundice) and he passed his hearing tests in both ears the first time! I decided to stay 2 nights in the hospital just to be safe, with his blood sugar being low the prior day I didn't want to chance it. By the next morning I was soo stir crazy! Danny and Nix came and got us and took us home :)

Me and my boys! (the night before when Nix came to visit)

Nix had a hard time being away from me for 2 nights. He called me the last night crying :( He was so happy he got to come bring me and baby Cru home with him!
He got so excited when Danny said the baby gets to come home with us!
Danny and Cru ready to go home :)
Getting dressed and ready to go home!
Cruze ready to go. He's so tiny in that little carseat. Since he's so little they had to do a carseat test (where they hook him up to machines while in his carseat and monitor him for 90 min, to make sure he is getting enough oxygen) He passed with flying colors :)
I was sooo happy to be going home! My mom stayed for the week to help with Nix and around the house. I was so grateful to have her here.
Awe, so exciting and fun!
ReplyDelete