So crazy 4 years ago yesterday we were married. So much has happened in those 4 years it seems like we never haven't been married. 5 apartments, 3 cities and 2 kids later and still going strong. Every year I like to look back over the past year and see all that we have accomplished and how much we have experienced and grown closer together. I feel after each year we are closer and more in love than the year before.
Year 1, just the two of us! Late nights watching "Lost" on Netflix, arguments resulting from merging 2 different people into 1 marriage, and busy schedules of school work and callings. We always had so much fun together just the two of us learning about each other and learning how to function as a couple instead of individuals. :)
Lots of trips, California, Disneyland, Vegas, I graduated school and had our little Nix. This year I fell so much more in love with Danny as I watched him become a Daddy. Nix loves his boy more than life itself. Starting a family was such an important decision in our life and one we were both always anxious to do! Still a busy year, but the happiest of my life.
Year 3 moved to SLC for an internship for Danny, burnt a hole in our 3rd story patio (fyi dutch oven is too hot to cook on a patio even on a cookie sheet :/ ) lots of Jazz games and hanging out with my family. Teaching Nix to walk and learning to be selfless and good parents. Cookies and Redbox late at night and an occasional night out. Realized it doesn't take much for us to have a good time together :)
.
Year 4 moved to STG, crazy story.. but things fell into place and we relocated to where we needed to be, lots of camp outs in our backyard, swimming at our pool and fishing trips to the pond down the road. Learning to parent a toddler, and welcoming our little Cruze into our family. Life has been crazy, money tight.. but with the blessing of tithing we always come out ahead and are blessed. Danny working hard to provide and finish school while he insists I belong home raising our boys. Times are sometimes rough and not always fun... But deep down I know Danny loves me and my boys more than he loves anything. He puts us above everything and is happy when were happy :) I am so blessed to have this man as my husband. He always makes me laugh, notice the small and simple things and relax when I get uptight. He makes me better and I am blessed to have him! To many more to come :)
YAY!! Congratulations! Your family has grown so much, it is exciting to see where your life is going!
ReplyDelete